Thursday, August 4, 2011

A BOAT TRIP



Today was a pleasant day
looking at the weather, so to say
a relief from the scorching heat
with the sun n clouds playing hide n seek
the sky was a canvas of pretty whites n blues
the seagulls flying overhead looking lovely as they always do

the wind hissed softly in my ears
felt it on my face as I pushed back the tears
lifted my chin up and forced a smile
knowing all the while
I was only trying to pretend
searching for a beginning where I saw nothing but an end

I hopped onto a boat n i took a trip
in a futile attempt to get a grip
on my wayward mind...
dont know what I wanted to find
perhaps 'twas a desire to escape the unending onslaught
of my muddled thoughts

but well, we all know
things dont go the way we want em to go
especially when the mind and the heart
desire things that are poles apart



I hopped off the boat on the shore
of a li'l town I'd never seen before
li'l houses, each a different colour
standing next to each other
in simple and sweet harmony
as if they were all testimony
to master creations
from a child's imagination
a collection of building blocks
taken out never to be put back in their box
the myriad combinations giving delight
to the visitors sight

irrespective of the joys and sorrows
of yesterdays, todays or morrows
they just stood where
others like me must've wandered here and there
in the little streets in a daze
searching for new paths through the maze
wondering with growing fascination
what had lead to this destination
various colours and various shades
keeping their own through so many decades

lost in that toy-like town
I watched the sun go down
finally it was time to return,
go back the way I'd come...

the boat trip did not do wonders
did not pull me out of that place deep down under
but I did see
something that reminded me
of the colours of life that will always be
of diversity of variety,
dark or light, mild or strong,
bright or sombre, right or wrong,
no matter what decisions that one must take
no matter what choices one needs to make
regardless of time, of dusk or dawn
LIFE WILL GO ON!!

N.S. 25/07/07

No comments:

Post a Comment