Friday, February 11, 2011

FLY FIREFLY


To fly was to be born again, 
I'd gone searching for adventure,
and I found myself....

I was lookin for somethin to thrill me,
I went high, and then low, and then high again,
I found myself breathless n gasping for air....
that knotty feeling is beginning to fill me,
I try n resist it but I know it's a lost battle,
I revel in the defeat, I know it's not fair
but the truth is that
I live in the feeling that kills me...

I start a journey on earth n it takes me to paradise,
somewhere in the background, I hear a warning bell
tinkling ceaselessly n telling me..
"you're being foolish...pay attention n be wise..
you re on the road to hell"
but I dont want to listen to what reason has to say
I dont want to go
and I dont know how I can stay...

the thoughts that crowd my empty mind,
tell me I can get the best view
if I decide to be blind,
I need strength
to resist temptation,
but something tells me
in weakness lies my salvation...

I know this can't be true,
I know its only my imagination
but that immeasurable feeling of being alive again,
brings to mind a ME I once knew,
n it overshadows all reason,
fades out any attempt at determination


will this be my down fall?
will this being alive finally kill me?
well, I guess I'll find out once and for all,
if it's written in the stars,
it's inevitable as my destiny,
N I know I can't forget the pain n I can't dim the scars,
N I know that wanting this has to be crazy
that's the whole irony...
I can see crystal clear n yet my sight's all hazy

If it's meant to be then, who am I
to try n stop it
If die I must…what the heck then...
what a way to die!

No comments:

Post a Comment