Saturday, December 10, 2016

In the deep

In the deep

The waters look so inviting, 
seemingly peaceful and serene
one can't tell the dangers they are hiding,
under the garb of promised dreams

So many must've wandered trustingly into their glory
attracted by the pull of the waves that constantly leap
and never really returned to tell their story
once they fell trying to uncover secrets these waters keep

I want to reach out too
and stay there never to return
see more under those cool blues
rather than face questions that burn

but tonight even the waters don't want me
they send me back to this world that I don't consider mine
and a little voice tells me for now I have to let it be
it just isn't the right time

I step back and make a slow retreat
to the world that waits for me ashore
unwillingly I drag my feet
n return to being alone in the crowd once more


No comments:

Post a Comment