Sunday, January 1, 2017

MY ABYSS

In an abyss.. 
Dismal black
Looking at some of my most horrible demons
Hiding in deep crevices I rarely visit 

As I face them,  
as I look hard at them
They look back at me fearlessly
They all seem to say

This is you too
We are you... 
Hide away in the light 
Pretend as much as you want 

But we will be right here
We won't go away
We will be here to show you
How much you still have to do

I try I fail I try again I get tired
And then I give up
Turn around, pick up the pieces
And go back to this illusion called life
Doing what I must do

Each time I fall
I try desperately to crawl out
From that deep dark abyss
and I can hear these demons call me
Laugh n mock me

These wounds that I inflict 
Will haunt me till eternity
I still look for a way to heal them
And I find nothing that's enough
I know I will have to revisit them
N keep revisiting till one of us wins 

This abyss which I visit once in a while
To return stronger or weaker 
or the other one
from which I shall never return!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment